Get an EB-1A Visa with the Help of Our Immigration Lawyer in Houston, TX
The EB-1A is a preference category for United States employment-based permanent residency. It is intended for “priority workers.” Those are foreign nationals who either have “extraordinary abilities,” or are “outstanding professors or researchers,” and also includes “some executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the US.” It allows them to remain permanently in the US.
- demonstrate an extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics through sustained national or international acclaim.
- are not required to have a permanent offer of employment in the US and are eligible to self-petition.
- Must intend to work in the US in their field of expertise.
How to Get an EB-1A Visa?
EB-1 applicants, unlike most EB-2 and EB-3 applicants, don’t have to go through the “labor certification” process. If they are in status in the US (for example, working on an O-1 visa) and are from a country for which EB-1 numbers are current
B-1C Requirements in Houston
EB-1C was created specifically for managers and executives who meet L-1A nonimmigrant standards and are interested in becoming lawful permanent residents. The EB-1C is an employment-based immigration petition designed specifically for multinational executives and managers and must be sponsored by a U.S. employer.
For the employee
- during the three years preceding the application, must have been employed for at least one year by the same multinational firm or other business entity (affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of the U.S. employer) that employs them in the United States.
- the applicant must seek to continue rendering services to the same employer in a managerial or executive capacity..
- Labor certification is not required for international managers and executives.
For the employer
- prospective employer in the United States be the same employer or a subsidiary or affiliate of the firm or corporation or other legal entity by which the foreign executive/manager was employed abroad.
Why to get an EB1-C?
This category represents an essential alternative to the EB-5 visa. Proper planning by a qualified investor can result in the issuance of a permanent residency visa without the necessity of investing substantial money in a new enterprise. Immigrant visa numbers, which are statutorily limited to 40,000 visas annually for EB-1, are immediately available. The EB-1C is a first-preference immigration petition, which means that there is currently no visa backlog for this category and priority dates are current.