H Visas

Contact our firm to petition for H1-B, H2-B, and H3-B visas and learn about the requirements involved. We proudly serve clients in the state of Texas and throughout the nation.

H1-B Visa

Toppins Law Firm is dedicated to providing the best U.S. citizenship and immigration services in Houston to our clients. We guarantee that our firm will utilize its knowledge, experience, and diligence to strive for your desired legal outcome. We guarantee loyalty and confidentiality, and we consider ourselves a valued member of our client’s top talent management team. Our immigration lawyer in Houston TX, strives to abide by strict procedures to ensure sensitive information is handled correctly and safely.

If you are interested in learning more about our H1-B visa application and overall process, we encourage you to speak to our immigration lawyer in Houston. We focus on working with our clients to deliver an effective solution that works hard to meet their legal goals. Contact us today at 713-621-8588 to schedule a consultation to discuss your case. Our law firm is honored to represent you to fight for your rights.

Our Immigration Service Includes: 

  • Full Review of your personal circumstances
  • Confirmation that the Visa type is appropriate for you
  • Accurate preparation of your visa application
  • Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
  • Careful co-ordination of all correspondence with government agencies
  • Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular or USCIS interview and what to expect
  • Unlimited personal communication with your own Toppins Law Firm immigration attorney


The H-1B visa is one of the more well-known and popular nonimmigrant visas available to aliens, designed to allow U.S. employers to recruit and employ foreign professionals who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defense (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability. In total, H-1B visa holders are allowed to legally work and live in the U.S. for up to six consecutive years.

Minimum Requirements

For the employee:

  • Have completed a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of the specialty occupation from an accredited university.
  • Hold a foreign degree which is equivalent to a bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of the specialty occupation.
  • Hold an unrestricted state license registration or certification in the field of the specialty occupation in the intended state of employment.
  • Have verifiable and recognized education, experience, or training in the specialty that is equivalent to the completion of a bachelor’s degree or higher.
  • Aliens cannot self-petition for H-1B visas. Rather, employers serve as the petitioners, with their foreign workers as the beneficiaries.

For the employer:

  • The position requires a specific course of study which relates directly to the position.
  • The employer must assure that it will pay the H1B holder a comparable wage to other workers who have similar qualifications.
  • The position offered requires knowledge, both theoretical and applied, which is almost exclusively obtained through studies at an institution of higher learning.

Specialized Fields for H1-B Visas

Not necessarily any profession qualifies for an H-1B. As noted, a foreign worker must be in a “specialty” occupation. Qualifying occupations are those requiring highly specialized and technical knowledge in fields including, but not limited to: Accounting, Architecture Biotechnology, Computing, Education, Healthcare and Medicine, Information, Technology, Physical and social science, Marketing, Law, Telecommunications, Arts, Finance, Engineering.

Note: If your position is not listed above, you may want to contact us to determine if the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) would consider the position offered to you as a professional position.

How to Get H1-B Visa?

Because of the limited number of visas issued, there is a specific window for applications, which usually starts on April 1st for the fiscal year starting October 1st of the following year. So you can apply from April 1st, 2019 for entry in the year starting October 1st, 2020.